Friday, July 11, 2014

President Obama, the QuoteMaster-in-Chief: "I don 't have to run for office anymore, so I can just let it rip." "It's lonely just me doing stuff. I'm the guy doing my job." (Raising thousands of dollars for Democrats?) "I'm not interested in photo-ops." (After using that as an excuse for not going to the Texas-Mexico border, 24 hours later he had a photo-op at an Austin barbecue joint.)

Trouble for Democrats? Young voters, who strongly supported the Democratic nominee for president in the past two elections, may have revised their thinking, according to a new poll. A survey of Americans under 30  shows that over half of this 46 million-member voting block report they are independents; 32 percent say they are Democrats (down from 64 percent in 2012), and 16 percent are Republicans. This demographic tends to be socially liberal, but the survey shows they're down on government and possibly leaning toward fiscal conservatism.

Americans may hate Washington, D.C. but they love the fictionalized versions of the nation's capital. The TV shows "Veep", "House of Cards" and "Scandal" were among the top nominees for Emmy awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment