Monday, March 16, 2015

Just when tax returns for low income earners become more complex because of Obamacare, the Obama administration has killed a program aimed at helping them. The millions of dollars allocated to the taxpayer assistance centers now are going to liberal groups with political ties.

The annual Gridiron Club Dinner in Washington brought political celebs together for some mostly good-natured joshing. Gov. Scott Walker, R-Wis., was a featured speaker. He was optimistic about taking back the Oval Office for Republicans. But noting that his failure to graduate from college has become an issue he joked: "If my first term is anything like college I won't make it through four years."

Gridiron guest President Obama took jabs at Walker and other GOP contenders, House Speaker John Boehner, Hillary Clinton and himself. Referring to his aging, he said, "Just a few years ago, I could never imagine ever being in my fifties. And when it comes to my approval ratings, I still can't."

No comments:

Post a Comment