Friday, January 15, 2016

The Middle Eastern owners of Al Jazeera America are shutting down the cable TV network and Al Gore is wearing a big smile. The venture was launched in 2013 with the purchase of Gore's Current TV for $500 million. The little-watched  news channel had been suffering financially.

Some quotes from the Republican presidential candidates debate: Ted Cruz -- "I'm not going to be taking legal advice from Donald Trump." Ben Carson -- (responding to his first question) "I was going to ask you to wake me up when the time came." Carly Fiorina -- "Unlike another woman in this race, I like spending time with my husband." Take that, Hillary.

President Obama closed a town hall meeting in Louisiana with a hearty, "Thank you, New Orleans!" There was just one problem. He was speaking in Baton Rouge.

No comments:

Post a Comment